Saturday 5 March 2011

Task 1- Initial development & Ideas progressing into Final sculpture



Using the skills from the workshops and the term repeat I created this that became the mock for my final Sculpture for task 1









I used this to create a large version made from white paper,
I made the base,




































And then Using the idea of repeat I made lots of identical paper strips and glued them at opposite sides to the base to create arches that overlapped and then using a split I joined all the arches in the middle.

I then Used the weaving techniques that I experimented with earlier on in the project to weave in and out of the arches to create a cage type sculpture and to finish it of and add a bit of character and purpose sticking to the Origami theme I tied a butterfly inside with cotton.



No comments:

Post a Comment